Okay, let’s talk self-esteem!
- How many times do you criticize yourself in the mirror on a daily basis? Are you subconsciously doing it?
- When exercising and choosing a plan to stick to, are you more concerned about how it’ll make you look or how it will benefit your wellbeing?
- How often are you scrolling through Instagram envying the “perfect people”?
- Do you constantly think about the things you’d like to change about yourself?
- Does eating food make you feel guilty?
If you’ve answered YES to any of these questions, I am right there with you! For some reason, I love to wallow in self-pity and jealousy towards others. It makes me feel my purpose is to become one of those “perfect people” that others envy. But as I wallow in self-pity, the more I beat myself up for not meeting that ridiculous expectation of myself.
It’s time for a change!
It’s time to build our self-esteem through healthy habits, and most importantly, through a personal growth mindset!
I want your future answers of those above questions to look like this:
- I am aware of my negative self-talk, I acknowledge it, but I do not let it control me or my emotions.
- When choosing my workout and diet plans, I am basing it off of what’s best for my body, not necessarily what I think will make me desirable.
- I do not envy “perfect people” on Instagram because I am unique and already desirable.
- The things I’d like to change are what make me unique. I may not like them, but I will do what I need to do to be stronger!
- Food is fuel.
Your confidence will naturally come from within. Your self-esteem will grow. Your body will be healthier. And the only thing that will change in your life is mindset and self-discipline in beginning new habits!
Make that commitment. You owe it to yourself!
My commitment will consist of:
- Better eating habits
- A regular exercise schedule
- Social Media Cleanout (see my article on Instagram Envy)
- Focusing on personal development books, magazines, quotes, goals, etc.
- Making choices based on my wellbeing instead of my looks
Will you join me?
Will you do better for yourself?
What will your commitment consist of?
What do you struggle with the most?
I am here for you!